Surveying of the references shows that selenium and tellurium containing compounds will be one of the most promising heterocycles in the future. Therefore, the influence of oxygen group elements -- O, S, Se and Te to rotational barrier heights of 2-(2'-pyridyl)-1,3,4-oxa (thia, selena and tellura) diazoles were investigated by DFT/def2-TZVP method and also by DFT/6-311G(d) method only for O, S and Se series. And also, their thermodynamic parameters (ΔH,ΔG) were calculated in gas phase. Furthermore, some model compounds with conjugated C=C-C=C, N=C-C=C and N=C-C=N fragments with neighbouring chalcogen atoms were considered. It was found that, a rising of barrier heights in the case of 2-(2'-pyridyl)-1,3,4-oxa(thia, selena and tellura)diazoles and also, in the model compounds with N=C-C=N fragment by increasing atomic number of chalcogen atom. By going from O to Te the rising of HOMO level and decreasing of HOMO-LUMO energetic gap were observed. It was found that, turning of pyridyl ring to ±30° from the coplanar cis (cyn) structure due to the lone pair electron repulsion of nitrogen atoms of N=C-C=N fragment in the case of S, Se and Te containing considered compounds. This is also leads to stability of the trans (anti) structure relatively to cis (cyn) structure and the trans-cis energy difference is increasing by going O to Te. And also, the trans structure is becoming more stable due to the hydrogen bond between nitrogen atom of chalcogenazole ring and H atom of pyridine ring in orto position.
1. Todres Z.V. Chalcogenadiazoles: Chemistry and Applications. CRCPress, (2012).
2. Reid D.H. Organic Compounds of Sulfur, Selenium and Tellurium. The Chemical Society, London, (1970).
3. Modelli A., Distefano G., Irgolic K.J., French K., Pappalardo G.C. Electron transmission spectra of selenophene and tellurophene and Xα computations of electron affinities for chalcophenes. Chemical Physics, Vol. 88, 455–461 (1984).
4. Turchaninov V.K., Sinegovskaya L.M., Trofimov B.A. Excited π-states of divinyl chalcogenides and chalcophenes. News Academicals science, Ser. Chem., Vol. 26, 831–835 (1994).
5. Katritskiy A.R., Boulton A.J. eds. Advanced in Heterocyclic Chemistry. Academic Press, Vol. 21, (1977). – 485 pp.
6. Chmutova G.A., Karalev A.A., Vtyurina N.N. Nature of electronic transitions in the absorption spectra of anisoles C6H5XCH3 (X=O, S, Se, Te). Zhurn. Gen. Chem., Vol. 49, 2275–2283 (1979).
7. Engman L., Stern D., Trisell H., Vessman K., Berglund M., Ek B., Andersson C.-M. Synthesis, antioxidant properties, biological activity and molecular modelling of a series of chalcogen analogues of the 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor DuP 654. Bioorg.Med.Chem., Vol. 3, Issue 9, 1255–1262 (1995).
8. Leo I.D., Sancineto L., Messind F., Santi C. Organoselenium compounds, an overview on the biological activities beyond antioxidant properties. The 20th Inter. Electr. Conference on Synthetic Organic Chemistry, 1-30 November, (2016). DOI: 10.3390/ecsoc-20-b018
9. Nogueira C.W., Rocha J.B.T. Organoselenium and organotellurium compounds: Toxicology and pharmacology. PATAI's Chemistry of Functional Groups, Online John Wiley Sons, Ltd., (2009–2011). DOI: 10.1002/9780470682531.pat0567
10. Jain A.K., Sharma S., Vaidya A., Ravichandran V., Agrawal R.K. 1,3,4-thiadiazole and its derivatives: a review on recent progress in biological activities, Chem Biol Drug Des., Vol. 81, 557–576 (2013).
11. Ziyaev A.A., Ismailova D.S. Biological activity of 5-(2,3,4-pyriyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazol-2-thiones and their derivatives. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Vol. 6, Issue 4, 52–77 (2017).
12. Eshimbetov G., Tojiyev I.F., Ziyaev A.A.. DFT and TD-DFT study of isomeric 5-(pyridyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazol-2-thiones and 2-methylthio-5-(pyridyl)-1,3,4-oxadiazoles. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Vol. 187, 191–197 (2017).
13. Frisch M.J., Trucks G.W., Schlegel H.B. et al. Gaussian 03, Revision C.02. Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford CT, 2004.
14. Weigend F., Ahlrichs R. Balanced basis sets of split valence, triple zeta valence and quadruple zeta valence quality for H to Rn: Design and assessment of accuracy. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, Vol. 7, Issue 18, 3297–3305 (2005).
15. Neese F. The ORCA program system. Comput. Mol. Science, Vol. 2, Issue 1, 73–78 (2012).
16. Becke A.D. Density-functional exchange-energy approximation with correct asymptotic behavior. Phys. Rev. A, Vol. 38, No. 6, 3098–3100 (1988).
17. Lee C., Yang W., Parr G. Development of the Colle-Salvetti correlation-energy formula into a functional of the electron density, Phys. Rev. B., Vol. 37, No. 2, 785–789 (1988).
19. Murcko M.A., Castejon H., Wiberg K.B. Carbon-Carbon Rotational Barriers in Butane, 1-Butene, and 1,3-Butadiene. The Journal of Physical Chemistry, Vol. 100, Issue 40, 16162–16168 (1996).
20. Liu S. Origin and Nature of Bond Rotation Barriers: A Unified View. The Journal of Physical Chemistry A, Vol. 117, Issue 5, 962–965 (2013).
21. Mo Y., Gao J. Theoretical Analysis of the Rotational Barrier of Ethane. Accounts of Chemical Research, Vol. 40, Issue 2, 113–119 (2007).
22. Eshimbetov A.G., Tulyaganov T.S. Theoretical and UV spectral study of isomeric 1-(quinolinyl)-beta-carbolines conformations. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, Vol. 67, Issue 3-4, 1139–1143 (2007).
23. Zahn S., Reckien W., Kirchner B., Staats H., Matthey J., Luetzen A. Towards Allosteric Receptors: Adjustment of the Rotation Barrier of 2,2-Bipyridine Derivatives. Chemistry – A European Journal, Vol. 15, Issue 11, 2572–2580 (2009).
24. Rauk A. Orbital interaction. Theory of Organic chemistry. Wiley-Interscience, (2001).
25. Credico B.Di, Reginato G., Gonsalvi L., Peruzzini M., Rossin A. Selective synthesis of 2-substituted 4-carboxy oxazoles, thiazoles and thiazolidines from serine or cysteine amino acids. Tetrahedron, Vol. 67, Issue 1, 267–274 (2011).
26. Huxel T., Demeshko S., Klingele J. 2-Amino-5-(2-pyridyl)-thiadiazole as Bidentate Ligand. Z. anorg. allg. Chem., Vol. 641, Issue 10, 1711–1717 (2015).
27. Figueroa-Valverde L., Diaz-Cedillo F., Garcia-Cervera E. Synthesis of two steroids derivatives and its relationship with some physicochemical parameters. E-Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 9, Issue 1, 27–34 (2012).
28. Hatem O.A., Suhail F.S.A., Juda A.M. Determination of physicochemical and geometrical properties of some carvedilol derivatives. Asian J. Pharm. And Clinical Res., Vol. 9, Issue 4, 330–336 (2016).
29. The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre, https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/
Eshimbetov, Alisher; Toshov, Khamza; Kaur, Inderpreet; and Khaitboev, Alisher
"A theoretical study an influence of oxygen group elements to rotational barrier of 2-(2'-pyridyl)-1,3,4-oxa(thia, selena and tellura) diazoles,"
Bulletin of National University of Uzbekistan: Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Vol. 2:
4, Article 4.