In this paper presents data of researches about fiber length in the 4-5 species. The largest number of plants with the indicated analyzed trait in hybrid combinations, obtained with the participation of the Omad variety, appeared with a number of variations in fiber length at 35.0-36.0 mm and above. Investigation of 4-species hybrids of F2 and back cross hybridization allowed some improvement in the average value of trait when compared with F1. Despite the emergence of transgressive plants with fiber length 36.1-37.0 mm and above, the average trait of composite 5 species hybrids F2 remained almost at the level of F1, i.e. 35.5-36.0 mm. The greatest number of positive recombinants occurred in 5 species back crossing developed with the participation of Termez-31. And data about on tolerance of senior generations of cotton hybrids to cotton bollworm with different levels of (+)-gossypol in seeds. On the basis was obtained results, revealed that the level of (+)-gossypol in seeds does not significantly resistance to cotton bollworm, i.e. Confirmed the possibility of selecting new broods and lines of cotton with different levels (+)-gossypol and tolerance to Helicoverpa armigera. Results of researches of comparative resistance to Helicoverpa armigera among hybrids of different generations in petri dishes, it was established that progenies with a different levels of (+)-gossypol, a definite pattern is observed for affection. Genotypes with a low level of (+)-gossypol are affected by Helicoverpa armigera to a certain extent less than hybrids with high (+)-gossypol level. Although, the incidence of the initial accession BC3S1–1–6–3–15 with a high level of gossypol does not preclude the possibility of developing of resistant genotypes with a high level of (+)-gossypol, which requires additional researches in this direction.
1. Abdurakhmonov I.Y., Abdullaev A.A., Buriev Z.T., Shermatov S.S., Kushanov F., Makamov A., Shapulatov U., Egamberdiev S., Salakhutdinov I.B., Ayubov M., Darmonov M., Adylova A.T., Rizaeva S.M., Abdullaev F., Namazov S., Khalikova M., Saydaliev H., Avtonomov V.A., Sanamyan M., Musaev J.A., Abdullaev A., Abdukarimov A. Cotton germplasm collecion of Uzbekistan. World Cotton Germplasm Resources, ISBN 978-953-51-1622-6, InTech, Croatia, (2014).
2. Abdullaev A.A., Omelchenko M.B., Lazereva O.N. Potential for creating genus Gossypium- base promising cotton varieties. Khlopkovodstvo, Vol. 8, 29–31 (1980).
3. Abdullaev A.A., Klyat V.P., Rizaeva S.M. Evolutionary and historical aspects of natural and artificial selection to improve early maturity of cotton. Evolutionary and selection aspects, early maturity and adaptability of cotton and other crops: Proceedings of an international scientific conference. Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences: FAN, Tashkent, 9–12 (2005).
4. Arutyunova L.G., Pulatov M., Babamuratov H., Egamberdiev Z. Enriching the gene pool reserve. Khlopok, Vol. 5, 43–45 (1988).
5. Arutyunova L.G., Pulatov M. Interspecific hybridization – create the original source material for breeding and replenish the gene pool of cotton. Khlopkovodstvo, Vol. 4, 43–50 (1989).
6. Babamuratov H., Gesos K.F., Arutyunova L.G. Methods of increasing of wilt resistance and quality of cotton fiber. Cotton breeding, Vol. 12, 35–36 (1977).
7. Babamuratov H. Inheritance of some morphological and agronomic traits in the progeny of a three-specific cotton hybrids. Ph.D. thesis in cotton science, Tashkent, 24, (1982).
8. Bariana H.S., Brown G.N., Bansal U.K., Miah H., Standen G.E., Lu M. Breeding triple rust resistant wheat cultivars for Australia using conventional and marker-assisted selection technologies. Aus. J. Agri. Res., Vol. 58, Issue 6, 576–587 (2007).
9. Bottger G.T., Sheehan E.T., Lukefahr M.J. Relation of gossypol content of cotton plants to insect resistance. J. Econ. Entomol., Vol. 57, 283–285 (1964).
10. Collard B.C., Jahufer M.Z., Brouwer J.B., Pang E.C. An introduction to markers, quantitative trait loci (QTL) mapping and marker-assisted selection for crop improvement: The basic concepts. Euphytica, Vol. 142, Issue 1–2, 169–196 (2005).
11. Dospekhov B.A. Methodology of field experiments. Kolos, Moscow, (1985). – 351 pp.
12. Sunilkumar G., Campbell L.A.M., Pucckhaber L., Stipanovic R.D., Rathore K.S. Engineering cottonseed for use in human nutrition by tissue-specific reduction of toxic gossypol. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, Issue 48, 18054–18059 (2006).
13. Hedin P.A., Parrott W.L., Jenkins J.N. Relationship of glands, cotton square terpenoid aldehydes and other allelochemicals to larval growth of Helicoverpa virescens (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). J. Econ. Entomol, Vol. 85, 359–364 (1992).
14. Endrizzi J.E., Turcotte, E.L., Kohel R.J. Genetics, Cytology and Evolution of Gossypium. Advances in Genetics, Vol. 23, 271–375 (1985).
15. Namazov Sh.E. Character formation in the progeny of interspecific hybrid G. thurberi Tod.xG.raimondii Ulbr. by crossing them with varieties of specie G. hirsutum L. Ph.D. thesis in cotton science: Tashkent, 24, (1996).
16. Pulatov M. Interspecific hybridization in cotton genetics and breeding (Review), Tashkent, 22, (1993).
17. Patocchi A., Frei A., Frey J.E. Kellerhals M. Towards improvement of marker assisted selection of apple scab resistant cultivars: Venturia inaequalis virulence surveys and standardization of molecular marker alleles associated with resistance genes. Molecular Breeding, Vol. 24, 337–347 (2009).
18. Rashidov M.I. Biological protection of tomatoes from a cotton scoop. Tes. Doc. At the All-Union Meeting on the experience of introducing a biological method into an integrated system for protecting cotton from pests and diseases. Tashkent, 104–106 (1982).
19. Shvetsova L., Alibekova C., Em E. Resistance of Varieties. Khlopok, Vol. 5, Issue 29–30, 167–171 (1989).
20. Stipanovic R.D., Puckhaber L.S., Bell A.A., Percival A.E., Jacobs J. Occurrence of (+)- and (-)-gossypol in wildspecies of cotton and in Gossypium hirsutum var. marie-galante (Watt) Hutchison. J. Agric. Food. Chem., Vol. 53, 6266–6271 (2005).
21. Zhang J., Zhang S., Yuan J., Xu K. Comparison of action racemic (+) and optically active (- and +) gossypols on Helicoverpa cells. Acta Academiae Medicinae Sinicae, Vol. 7, Issue 5, 384–387 (1985).
22. Yang W.H., Ma L.H., Zhu H.Q., Xiang S.K. Effects of different gossypol enantiomers on growth and development of cotton bollworm (Helicoverpa armigera) and Fusarium wilt. Acta Gossypii Sinica, Vol. 11, 31–34 (1999).
Boboyev, Sayfulla; Kushanov, Fakhriddin; Amanturdiev, Ikrom; and Akhmedjanova, Gulnoza
"Variability, inheritance of fiber length in 4-5 specific and backcross hybrids, tolerance of cotton hybrids to bollworm in depending of the level of gossypol,"
Bulletin of National University of Uzbekistan: Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Vol. 1:
3, Article 4.