Electron exchange between neutral and doubly ionized U-minus centers of tin in par-tially compensated solid solutions Pb1-xSnxS and Pb1-xSnxSe has been investigated using 119mmSn(119mSn) emission Mössbauer spectroscopy. The activation energy of the process for Pb1-xSnxS solid solutions is 0.11 ± 0.02 eV and is comparable to the depth of energy levels of tin in the PbS band gap, while the activation energy of this process for Pb1-xSnxSe solid solutions is comparable to the activation energy of donor U-minus centers of tin in PbSe being 0.05 ± 0.01 eV. The exchange has been performed by the simultaneous transfer of two electrons with the use of the valence band states.
1. Hubbard J. Electron correlations in narrow energy bands. Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, 1963, V. 276, No. 1365, pp.238–257.
2. Nasredinov F.S., Nemov S.A., Masterov V.F., Seregin P.P. Mössbauer studies of negative-U tin centers in lead chalcogenides. Physics of the Solid State, 1999, V. 41, Issue 11, pp.1741–1758.
3. Seregin N.P., Seregin P.P., Nemov S.F., Yanvareva A.Y. Antistructural defects in lead chalcogenides. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 2003, V. 15, No. 44, pp.7591–7597.
4. Nemov S.A., Seregin P.P., Kozhanova Yu.V., Seregin N.P. Two-electron tin centers formed in lead chalcogenides as a result of nuclear transmutations. Semiconductors, 2003, V. 37, Issue 12, pp.1367–1372.
5. Nemov S.A., Nasredinov F.S., Seregin P.P., Seregin N.P., Khuzhakulov E.S. Statistics of electrons in PbS with U centers. Semiconductors, 2005, V. 39, Issue 3, pp.289–292.
6. Nemov S.A., Nasredinov F.S., Seregin P.P., Seregin N.P., Khuzhakulov E.S. Energy parameters of two-electron tin centers in PbSe. Semiconductors, 2005, V. 39, Issue 6, pp.638–641.
7. Zemskov B.G., Lyubimov V.S., Martynyuk A.N., Artemova A.A., Permyakov Yu.V., Ionov S.P. Concerning two-electron exchange in doped Pb(Sn)Se solid solutions. Fiz. Tekh. Poluprovodn., 1988, V. 22, No. 5, pp.934–936.
Zaynabiddinov, S. and Bobokhujaev, K.
"Electron exchange between impurity centers of tin in PbS and PbSe,"
Bulletin of National University of Uzbekistan: Mathematics and Natural Sciences: Vol. 1:
2, Article 5.